Monday, September 26, 2011

Abilene, TX

In the month of September we've been in many towns/cities in Texas but I guess you could call Abilene our "home base" when we left Portland, we flew to Dallas first and then to the cutest tiniest airport you've ever seen, in the city of Abilene Texas. Since that day we've gone 3 different places but always ended up back here, which is where we are now. I enjoy Abilene, it has a population of about 115,000 which is big enough for me. Being here, I've gained an appreciation for the country. I've always thought it was pretty but the idea of traveling more than five miles to a grocery store seemed absurd. After being here a month I really like the idea of the peacefulness and the beauty of living (a short distance :]) away from the city. Don't worry Mom.. we're not planning on living in Texas, we still want to be in Portland. Just have a new appreciation for it :]. So here are some photos of Abilene!



Okay I lied. This is actually in the Town of Buffalo Gap, TX, which is about 15 miles outside of Abilene. They have these really cool historical buildings that were built between 1875-1925. They have a very "wild-wild-west" feeling to them, which I found interesting, I've never seen anything like this before.



Here is a cute little old church...



...And an old gas station...


...And a cowboy!!




The top one is Lake Abilene, which (funny story) Nick and I went there to go swimming. Long story short, we did not go swimming that day. The bottom picture is this adorable little store that has cowboy boots as flower pots! I just thought that was the cutest.



Here is my cute husband (waiting patiently in the car, while I got out to take all of these pictures). And a sign at the exit of the Abilene State Park, which is VERY Texas. I did not realize the extent of the "Ya'lls" When I came down here.

No comments:

Post a Comment