Monday, September 26, 2011

Albuquerque, NM! Part Two.






We got to ABQ late Thursday night, after the kiddos had gone to sleep (They didn't tell them we were coming for fear of the lack of sleep they would get). So we didn't see them until they climbed into our bed Friday morning. Gwen had school, so Jefferson, Nick, Luke and I decided (after going to Jeffer's favorite, Panda Express, for lunch) to go to the zoo. You'll notice in the photos above that we didn't go to the zoo. When we pulled in the parking lot we asked Jefferson if he was excited to see the animals and he said "No, I don't like the animals". Then Luke asked him why we came to the zoo and he said to play on the playground. (Haha, I love this boy.) As we're walking into the zoo Luke read a sign that said that the playground was under construction, and Jeffer lost it. He had no intentions of seeing animals and did not want to go anymore. We quickly decided it was a better idea to go to the playground across the street, and crisis was averted.

I added the second photo merely for it's ugliness. I cannot believe how ugly it is an I laugh every time I see it, so I thought my blog readers (not sure who that is) would enjoy it.

I went with Jenny to take Gwen to school that morning and on the way she realized that Gwen was wearing sandals and a skirt and it was P.E. day. Gwen got really sad when she remembered that she wouldn't be able to participate if she didn't have tennis shoes. It was too late to go back so she went to school in sandals. We felt so bad at the thought of cute little tiny Gwen having to sit out because she (SO stylishly) wore a skirt and (one pink and one white) sandals to school that day and decided Nick and I would take her some shoes. After our "zoo" trip we remembered we hadn't brought them yet but it was about 1:30 and still had time so we headed to the school with Gwen's tiny pink Nike's (from Grandma Lish). After getting my guest pass I found her classroom but her class had just gone to recess, so I went outside to find my adorable tiny niece playing on the monkey bars outside (with a skirt on haha). She saw me walking towards her with her tennis shoes and lit up. She ran to me and jumped in my arms saying, "thank you so so much Auntie Allie!! You are just in time! We just got to recess and we haven't had P.E. yet!! Thank you Thank you!" (She really said it with that much enthusiasm, after all she IS a Graham.) It was just so weird to see my cutest little Gwen, the Kindergartener, at school, she is getting to be SUCH an adult.. I love her so much and was so happy to be able to see her in action (I forgot to mention she was chatting with a boy when I walked up to her) at school.

While we're on the subject of Gwen being an adult, have you ever heard her read!? She reads at a 4th or 5th grade level. My dad bought me a kindle (which i LOVE by the way) before we left for Texas and I knew that Gwen would love that thing also. So when we got there I showed her how it worked and let her pick out a book of her own to buy. She picked a Junie B. Jones book and read the whole thing in one sitting. Then she picked a book of Fairy Tales, and then another Junie B. Jones. She is so stinking cute.




1 comment:

  1. These are all SO freaking CUTE. But seriously, the shots of Gwen and the kindle are the best ones without a doubt.

    ReplyDelete